- Name and Nationality
Yun Chen (China)
- Early Stage Researcher at University of Tübingen, Germany (Partner 01)
- Start date:
- Principal Investigator:
'Polychromatic photorefraction, fundal reflectance and chromatic aberration'
- Psychophysical measurement of transverse chromatic aberration (TCA) in human subjects, analysis or variability, and correlation to optical parameters in the eye. Expected: to find out which optical parameter in the eye that determines the inter-individual variability of TCA.
- Development of further advanced psychophysical techniques to measure TCA in humans. Expected: a reliable technique to measure subjective TCA in spectacle lens wearers which would be of high interest to the spectacle industry.
- Explaining the psychophysical demonstration of the foveal blue scotoma by comparing psychophysical appearance of the foveal scotoma with the distribution of the macular pigment. Expected: it will be decided as to whether the foveal blue scotoma measures the lack of blue cones or reflects the distribution of the macula pigment. It will contribute to the understanding of the biological sense of the absence of blue cones in the foveal center.
- Advancing and explaining the measurement results of polychromatic photorefraction as a new procedure to measure longitudinal chromatic aberration. Expected: to provide a better understanding of the inter-individual variability in the calibration of eccentric infrared photorefraction, which is used around the world but not fully understood.